WELCOME

Hello and welcome to my space where I share what I have made and show you a little snapshot of my life. Thank you for visiting and enjoy.

Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Incy Wincy Spider

Miss Ells and me did a bit of crafty playdoe modelling yesterday and this is what we created.


Incy Wincy Spider climbs up the water spout, down came the rain and  washed the spider out. out came the sunshine and dried up all the rain and Incy Wincy Spider climbed up the spout again.


Meet mummy spider .....................


And baby spider ......
And oh what a gathering it was when mummy spider met up with the frog and the fly ................

Anyway thought I would update you with my gran's 90th birthday blanket. The stacks are mounting as you can see..........


  I could not resist spreading it all out to have a little glimpse .....
I'm seriously addicted to making these little squares. 64 ish littleones to go and 30 odd big sqaures of six rounds to go. Nice easy first project but we shall see about the easy part when it comes to sewing it all up together.

Talking about sewing I have had a bit of an inspiration wave flash. My little girl has own little red chair and desk. Anyway hubby decided to cover the chair seat with this black foamy stuff to try and make this more comfortable for Miss Ells but Little Miss did not like this too much and has tryed to gouge holes in this and scrape it off :(. This is her little red chair. 
  Now do you remember some red and white stripey material I was given from father in law a few posts ago?

  Well I'm going to make a cushion seat for Miss E's red chair. My plans are to have little button details - may do that make your own fabric buttons I've seen being done on a few other blogs, I'm going to do some sort of applique design with felt possible and I'm going to have a pretty red edging. We shall see as I go along. This is going to be a hand sewing project as it's only a little cushion so I'm sure it can be done ...... watch this space to see how this all goes......

I've had a lovely day today as a little birthday celebration as it's my birthday tomorrow ahem cough cough 35!  I opened one of my presents early and it was a special request for this lovely new book.

    The Gentle Art of Knitting by Jane Brocket
I can't wait to have a good look through this book a little later on - so many new projects xxxx
I spent today with my two favourite lady's My beautiful mum and my younger sister.
We enjoyed coffee and cake ......................... mmmmmmmmmmmmm at Starbucks ..................
The apple do-nut was to die for mmmmmmmmmmm

My sister striking a pose  xxxxxx
We went to see this great film
Very very funny film - I was laughing most of the film - go and see this if you want a giggle.

And I remember this song featured in the film when I was a teenager - always wondered what happened to this group.. great song

Then we ate lots of pizza at Frankie and Bennies and the two lady's embarrassed me by gathering the staff and singing happy birthday whilst delivering a bowl of ice - cream with a candle in it...
This is me and my lovely mum.
Notice my very very red face **blush**
Anyway see you when I'm back from hols and will be doing a belated birthday giveaway so watch this space ......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Leah x

6 comments:

  1. I loved that movie too!!
    And I love the colours you're using for the granny square blanket- so colourful and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nervous too the first time I stitched together some granny squares - but, honestly, it's easy. I like crocheting them together rather than sewing as it's kind of soothing. Here's an easy-peasy tutorial link, in case you haven't seen it before: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/joining-granny-sqaures.html

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for popping over to see me. Your colours are so cheery in your blanket . Looking forward to seeing the completed item x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing little people's playdough creations, they are so full of imagination, Ells has made a very cute spider there and thanks for the inspiration I had forgotten to add things like straws to playdough. Happy Birthday for Thursday, it was my birthday on Wednesday:) It seems to be a popular time of year for birthdays I've seen a few this week in blogland. The crochet squares look very pretty. Have a great holiday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors of your crochet squares are fantastic! And I have to tell you that I love that Mr. Potato Head is at a place of honor by the fireplace. Home of a toddler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea for the cushion - it will be perfect and a red edging like some bobble trim or ric rac would be super cute. Sounds like you had a fun outing with your mum and sister x

    ReplyDelete