WELCOME

Hello and welcome to my space where I share what I have made and show you a little snapshot of my life. Thank you for visiting and enjoy.

Wednesday, 28 December 2016

Post Christmas Catchup

Hello dear readers,

Well my house is chaotic, Christmas is done and a jolly good time we had too. The kids were not feeling their best as full of the dreaded lurgy and coughing all over the place, bless them but we made the most of it. We were sad that we could not do our usual visits as would not want to pass on the lurgy and we are really hoping that both girls can shake it off before New Years.

However Christmas Day really was lovely and Santa delivered to the little people on his good list.  I am now enjoying the days in between of quiet and rest before welcoming the new year in.

I am enjoying gazing at our Christmas tree and all the twinkling lights...




This was the sight when santa had been .... when all the little children were fast asleep...

I did not manage to do my cross stitch for the eldests christmas stocking as alas I ran out of blue floss, how frustrated was I ....

This is the point I am up to folks ...

I have plenty for the rest but just not enough for the blue. So this is going to be in next years christmas stocking instead.

My eldest received this beautiful sewing kit .... and storage box. I really have my eye on it but I am hoping this will encourage my eldest to have a go.



Eldest also received a knitting kit so going to try and teach her again. I tried teaching my eldest a few years ago and she was frustrated to say the least so now may be the time to try again ... if not we will try my other love crochet... I am loving the zappy colours ...
We will have fun I am sure ... maybe we could make a garland? ... watch this space ...


With this christmas break I have had the time to colour and have enjoyed spending time with both of my girls just sitting, chatting, singing (rather tunelessly) and colouring. I have nearly finished this one which I have been doing in bits when time allowes throughout the year.




I got to finish this book too ... The Watchmaker of Filigree Street...by Natasha Pulley.

There is a classic saying do not judge a book by it's cover and this is certainly one of those.Idid not enjoy it one bit. I thought it was one of the most dullest, boring books I have ever read. I found it very hard reading mainly because it was so dull. I had to re-read several parts at least twice over ... by the end I could not have cared less who had done what and I was relieved it had ended. It had such a pretty cover and I was looking forward to it immensely but alas not the book for me. Maybe you may have a different view to me but you have been warned ...

My next book is Below Stairs The bestselling Memoirs of a 1920's Kitchen Maid by Margeret Powell.

I have also inherited some books from my mother in law. Some of these I passed on to my mum but I kep three of them.


So my 2017 reading material is sorted lol ....

This time of year always sees me sorting and de-cluttering and I have managed to get a few bags together for donation ...

Further plans for this afternoon will be going through some more of the children's old toys and seeing what I can get away with giving away.

I am also working on a cowl for me ... just started it really.. but this is the progress so far.


Righto folks I am off.... Have a super lovely New Year!! Xxxx Leah Xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Hope your sweet kids feel much better now! I love the kits you chose for them. I find that knitting is hard to learn sometimes for kids (my students at Montessori asked me to teach them one day), because the stitches slip away, the needles feel huge and uncomfortable. Crochet seems much easier to learn at this age - you just have one hook and there are so many fun modern patterns right now to keep up teh interest! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post!
    Thanks for your nice comment.
    Wish you a very Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...I do hope your "brood" feel better soon...that is no fun when one is sick during the holidays. Thank you for the smiles...and a belated Merry Christmas and soon to be Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the family are feeling better .
    Wonderful gifts , Happy New Year to you and your family .

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all those presents left by Santa, I'm sure your girls were feeling better by the minute! Hope you all enjoy a wonderful new year & knitting & crocheting together!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very lovely! Hope you enjoy the yarn for your cowl, I made a shawl from the same yarn, same colour, last year and really liked it so I hope you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much knitting, sewing and crocheting fun to be had! I hope the girls enjoy it and that you settle it to some not so dull reading! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, Leah!
    You always find the most beautiful yarns for your projects.
    I haven't read the book, but I know so well what you mean saying one couldn't have cared less who had done what... :) And the cover does look so promising.
    Wishing you and yours a very happy and healthy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! I hope that 2017 is a great one for you and your family. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year and best wishes for a wonderful and happy 2017.
    Hope your family are feeling better.
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy new year! My mom used to gift us crafting kits and we LOVED them!! I bet you will have fun teaching knitting. Both of my children know how to knit but they do not enjoy it much....

    ReplyDelete