WELCOME

Hello and welcome to my space where I share what I have made and show you a little snapshot of my life. Thank you for visiting and enjoy.

Monday, 2 January 2017

Reflections

Hello New Year and to you dear readers,

I am optomistic for this coming year and yes there will be change. I am hoping this year is kind to me and my family but as with all ups and downs we will muddle through whatever life decides to chuck at us.

So  here is my reflections on the past twelve months, all the nice bits of course.

January

This saw me knitting socks and learning about sizing. Sock making is an adventure I will be carrying on this year. January saw winter walks in the rain and muddy puddles. My eldest Miss Ella was practising so hard with her ballet as well but later on in the year she decided to stop, I listened as she just did not enjoy it anymore.

February



Saw me baking lots of Banana Loaf. We had plenty of visits from my new niece. I finished my socks in time for mum's birthday and Miss Ella got creative too and tried her hand at knitting with a loom.

March


Saw an explosion of colour and gardening, I tought the girls how to grow there own. The stripey socks got gifted, Miss Ella got creative with the camera effects :)

April

Saw daffodils, visits to my mum's in Lancaster, finished baby booties and the beginnings of a crochet flower cushion.

May


Visits to garden centers, colouring, gardening, good books, visits from my niece and playing out in the garden.

June


Saw fun in the sun, surprise Lupins, my long awaited new side cabinet and pretty china cups. It saw art therapy colouring and new growth in the garden and fairy wings.

July


We had our holiday in Silverdale, Lancashire and had outings in the beautiful Lake District and Morcombe seaside beech visits. This month saw me get out my sewing machine and plan a cushion. The flowers in the garden truly exploded. We found time to bake and I started some purple socks .... still not finished these but will be done this year.

August

We combated The Tolkien Trail a good ten mile walk and managed not to get too lost. We set up camp and pitched up our new tent to trial it ... this year is the year we are doing a family camping trip instead of the usual caravaning, still up in the Lakes but a different place this time. We were dazzled by Chorley Flower show and all the exhibits. I learnt to wind a hank of yarn using the knee method.

September

We really got in to the walking malarky and I climbed a mountain, we did Helvellyn. Huge achievement for me, won't be doing that one again. I finished my first honey badger sock as mentioned above the second to be done this year. We saw the preparations for Haloween very early but most things are these days if you have noticed christmas preparations seem to start somewhere in October. We had my beautiful nieces christening.

October

We saw surprise flowers and unusual sunshine for this time of year. I watched the leaves slowly turn their golden colours a lot later than usual. I finished a pair of booties for an expected new arrival, I started my Shalom cardigan and a sock yarn blanket that will take forever ....

November

We enjoyed all the fun of bonfire night and the bangs of fireworks. We had the odd duvet day and cozy days when too cold to venture out.

December

And what's not to love about December, christmas walks and beautiful decorations, bouncing children. I finished up the Shalom cardigan and started a cowl.


So this is my round up of 2016 and my message for 2017 is I am ready and waiting, bring it on xxxx

 Wishing you all a fantastic new year friends xxxxxx Leah xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great and productive year. Best wishes for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a colorful, productive, eventful year. Wishing you and yours all the best in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your look back, here is to a brand new year Year...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you and your family! Your 2016 was so full of color! Here is to even more exciting 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to have made your acquaintance this year. I can see from your yearly review that we have some common interets: gardening, socks and sewing. Thank you for visiting my blog and I look forward to getting to know you better in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a delightful wonderful way to sum up the entire year! I loved reading each month and it's nice to see how a year ebbs and flows! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola, me quedo siguiendote,me sigues? Saludos..

    http://estoyentrepaginas.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete