WELCOME

Hello and welcome to my space where I share what I have made and show you a little snapshot of my life. Thank you for visiting and enjoy.

Sunday, 15 January 2017

Year of projects - wk 29

Hi folks,

Well I really need to check in with this group but my creative endevours have been slightly on the back burner. House hunting has taken over my life right now and it has been very stressful. I know I should take stock but gee wizz I did not think it would be this emotional.  The Friday just gone saw me running around like a goodness knows what. I had to see the solicitor, then view house, then the excitement of putting in an offer, visiting estate agents, then being outbid, then coming to the realisation that you know what we would not go for it anyway, kind of a relief. It has left me exhausted to say the least. Any way onwards and upwards.

I remember speaking to a chap back in October who did our energy certificate and he talked about his own experience and the frustrations of it all, oh how right was he. At the moment we are at the point where we have an offer but we can't find anywhere so realistically we may lose the buyer but there you go. We decided that we would not move unless we could find a house, however there are no houses in our price bracket that are nice. We wanted to view a lovely property the other week but it got snapped right up and we did not get the chance to even view it.

Now we are on a waiting game for new properties to come on the market.

Anyway I am going to make it an objective to turn to my knitting and focus on that to try and chillax a bit. I have made a little progress with my cowl.



I have to say I am not overly enthusiastic about it because the colour choice is not what I would go for but I may change my tune when I finish it.

I managed to finish a spot of adult colouring, this has taken me the most part of a year to do lol.


I have finished this book...


I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like to know about the era my great gran, and my gran lived in. The lady who wrote these memoirs passed over in 1984 and my goodness look at all the changes she would have lived through. When reading this she was so down to earth in her writing I was quite shocked at times.

This is a bit of info ...

As a kitchen maid - the lowest of the low - she entered an entirely new world, one of stoves to be blacked,  vegetables to be scrubbed, mistresses to be appeased, and even bootlaces to be ironed. Work started at 5.30 a.m. and went on until after dark. It was a far cry from her child hood on the beeches of Hove, where money and food were scarce, but love and laughter never were.

My next book is this ...




Which briefly is about Helen who offers her old friend Nicola her spare room. I think it will be a very sad read as her friend is not well. I will let you know how it goes when I review it.

I also want to share with you our walk we took a few weeks ago around Worden Park...


It was a cold frosty day but my daughters had fun on the play things ...



We visited the duck pond ... I have to say that this has been an awful  sight to see for a long time as the council have had to dredge the pond. I am so pleased it is back to it's former glory and it has a new walk way to view the pond as well.



We spotted new plants trying to peep through the soil ...


We walked and scooted round the walled garden ...


We spotted a Mulberry tree and this tree is 150 years old, quite amazing. I wonder what that tree has seen and heard in it's time ...


We said hello to the scarecrow ...





And visited the animals in the pets area ...




Oh how I love this park, it is trully beautiful.

See you soon dear readers, Leah xxxxxxxxxx

16 comments:

  1. Worden Park really is a beautiful park. And your girls are adorable! Thank you for sharing a glimpse of a day with your girls at the park. Lovely. Now, the cowl's colors I really like but I like blues and I seem to really like them when there's a hint of red mixed in. I hope you like it better after you've done more. It looks like it will be a toasty warm cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. House hunting is horrible. Good luck to you. The cowl is very pretty. Hopefully it will appeal to you as you knit more. Adult coloring takes a while to do, but is so relaxing. Whst a wonderful day in the park. Both of those books sound unteresting and I have added them to my "want to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House hunting is horrible. Good luck to you. The cowl is very pretty. Hopefully it will appeal to you as you knit more. Adult coloring takes a while to do, but is so relaxing. Whst a wonderful day in the park. Both of those books sound unteresting and I have added them to my "want to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the house hunting is not going well. We have recently sold out house and have yet to get started hunting for something new. We have decided to go though with the sale of the house as they are cash buyers and rent in the interim period. We are looking at it as an adventure to take away the stress. Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you find the perfect house soon. I love your pictures of your walk. So beautiful and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow...I had no idea you were house hunting (big smiles). Good luck and keeping you in prayers. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it all sounds very stressful, but your crafting looks great and the time out with the girls looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your color choice for your cowl. The cowl will blossom once you block it. Oh boy do I understand about your house hunting roller coaster. We didn't have to sell a property but when we had house hunted each weekend, my poor husband had to drive us down and over to the east bay. We were living in San Francisco at that time and that's a little over 40 miles. Note he had to commute near 50 miles each way for work five days a week. And we learned not to get attached to what we bidded on and I learned how to write a good cover letter. In three tries we got our beloved, little home and are happy to be living in the suburbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can understand the craziness of house hunting and being in between a sale and a purchase. Just know that the right house will come along at just the right time. Your daughters are so cute and what a beautiful park! I love your cowl and the yarn you are using is gorgeous. The books both look really good and I will be blogging about books tomorrow. I love books and knitting and crocheting and so many other things too! LOL! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, house selling and hunting can be so stressful. We did it the easy way though last year. Concentrated on selling our house and farm first. Put all our furniture and belongings in two shipping containers and plonked them on a plot of land in the middle of nowhere, and then we went touring in our caravan for 10 months while looking for our new home, and when we found it we had the two shipping containers moved to the new place. It was a great adventure.
    Love your cowl, and I'm sure you will love it when finished too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos of the park. I'm envious of any sign of spring - ours is months away!
    The beginning of the shawl looks nice, but if you don't like the colours then I'd frog.
    Good luck with the house hunting. I try to adopt the attitude of "what will be, will be" otherwise it all makes me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear that the house buying and selling is proving so stressful. It is a very difficult thing to do isn't it. I hope you figure it all out and find somewhere that you love! Glad you have other lovely things to occupy and cheer you in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hola, me encanta como te esta quedando ese cuello, es muy bonito!!!un besito.maria:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see your colorful project. Nice to see kids enjoying in the park:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Leah, sorry to hear that the house hunting is so stressful, it's hard not to be emotional as it's such a big decision. The right home, I won't say perfect because there are always a few compromises, is out there but the timing has to be right. You will get there but in the meantime try to relax and keep smiling xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. House hunting can be so stressful, I am glad that you have some knitting and art to keep your worried mind busy. I am sure the perfect home is out there for you and it will be just when you need it.
    Love all the outing photos!

    ReplyDelete